AN EXTENSION OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
- Address a pressing need for specialist accommodation for older people in the local area.
- Contribute towards the Council’s housing supply shortfall.
- Free up other sectors of the housing market by releasing much-needed family housing.
- Provide modern, purpose-built key worker accommodation for doctors and nurses.
HOSPITAL INVESTMENT/SUPPORT & HEALTHCARE
- Regenerate a redundant site and optimise the use of the land to create a new area of productive and attractive townscape.
- Facilitate significant investment into existing facilities at Epsom Hospital.
- Support the local hospital through the provision of transitional care service.
- Improve wellbeing and social interaction, offering better health outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
- Integrate the care facilities into the local community.
DESIGN & URBAN PLANNING
- Deliver an exemplar scheme in terms of design, the standard of facilities and in the provision of support and care.
- Support the creation of a mixed and balanced community that addresses intergenerational needs and aspiration.